Pudge Wars!!!

Go down

Pudge Wars!!!

Post  WTFcraft on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 pm

I highly recommend Pudge Wars! If you haven't tried it, you must. I'd be glad to host it. Cool

WTFcraft

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pudge Wars!!!

Post  Spindrift on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Explain what a game of this consists of, please.
Spindrift
Admin

Number of posts : 131
Battle.net Account : Spindrift
Registration date : 2008-11-13

View user profile http://theguild.1forum.biz

Back to top Go down

PW explained

Post  WTFcraft on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Pudge wars consists of a small map divided vertically. - East and West side. 6 pudges vs 6 pudges (you can play 2v2 or 3v3 etc - best number in my opinion is 6v6 or 5v5) Between the two sides is a river.

The object is to hook the other pudges to your side then you slaughter each other.
Some fun aspects include:
-power ups that flow by in the river (fire hook, extra gold, time warp (everyone slows down but you are extra extra fast for about 10 secs), and a weird spikey thing that surrounds you so when you hook someone, your AoE spikes dmg them more)
-the HEAD SHOT! When your teammate hooks another player, as the enemy is being dragged, you can headshot him with your hook. It's sexy
-interesting items: heal as you drag your opponent, do extra dmg / distance dragged to opponent, lay a couple mines and drag your enemy to them (or toss the mines to the other side -- with a toss item obviously), suicide, and a few more

The game mode can be 1 of 2 modes: kills or rounds. You can play up to say, 150kills (the team to get to 150 first wins) or rounds... (not popular)

WTFcraft

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindrift on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:29 pm

WTFcraft wrote:It's sexy

I'd like to play a game of this with you. Host please.

Last edited by Spindrift on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spindrift
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  monolith on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:05 pm

I'm not going to lie, Pudge Wars is quite sexy. What a Face ;;

On another note, the game is prone to server splits alot and I would not advise making scrims of it for that reason.
Infact, I'd say thats the only reason why there isn't any, the game is very tactic based, and if you know what your doing, racking up the points with headshots is an easy way to victory. Tere are very interesting items that open strategies the game would otherwise lack and an interesting skill set that allows you to access some pretty nifty powerups. Your weapon of choice, is a large "meathook" that using a system similar to DotA's Pudge character, in that you shoot it and it grabs enemies and pulls them towards you. When you kill an opponent you get gold, along with skill points that you use to upgrade your hook's: Radius, Speed, Damage, and range. This, combined with the items makes for a very interesting combonations and builds. For instance, If you went Stryg's Claws (damage over distance traveled as long as they are hooked) and Lycan's paw ( +IAS and movement bonus) it would be advised going up in range rather then speed because the longer you can keep them on your hook, the more damage you do. But if to say, you went Tiny's Arm and prehaps the mines for added effect, it would probabbly be advised to go up in speed and damage since with speed you can pretty much hook enemies you have thrown when they land doing incredible damage in both instances. Also, as has been mentioned, the floating runes that fly by down the river are a bonus. These include: Timeshift (as explained above) Goldcoin (gives 50 gold DUR) Firehook (adds a fire attack to your hook that burns enemies and allies who step on the trail it leaves and also gives vision of where ever it traveled for a short period) and Hookshield (rapidly spinning hooks fly arround you deflecting enemy hooks and dealing damage to both allies and enemies who touch it). As a final note, the game allows the attacking of allies so denying your friends is a good way to keep the other team from getting points. Hope this cleared it up best regards, Monolith

monolith

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindrift on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Now that I have played it a couple of times, I can say that this game is worth playing. I am addicted. The last time I played I kicked some major ass. My hook was maxed out in Damage, Radius, Range, and Speed; the works. I was 81-51 (that's +30 bitch).
Spindrift
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindrift on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Now that I have played it a couple of times, I can say that this game is worth playing. I am addicted. The last time I played I kicked some major ass. My hook was maxed out in Damage, Radius, Range, and Speed; the works. I was 81-51 (that's +30 bitch).
Spindrift
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pudge Wars

Post  wartank6 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 am

Pudge Wars is awesome, my second favorite map [first is dota] it is fun to play with friends and act stupid lol. =]

wartank6

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lanaya-pwns on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 am

you should try hungry hungry felhoundz Razz
lanaya-pwns

Number of posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindrift on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Why not try posting another topic about HHF, Tom?

˙ssǝuʞɔıs ǝsnɐɔ ʎɐɯ sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ
Spindrift
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lanaya-pwns on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 pm

monolith wrote:I'm not going to lie, Pudge Wars is quite sexy. What a Face ;;

On another note, the game is prone to server splits alot and I would not advise making scrims of it for that reason.
Infact, I'd say thats the only reason why there isn't any, the game is very tactic based, and if you know what your doing, racking up the points with headshots is an easy way to victory. Tere are very interesting items that open strategies the game would otherwise lack and an interesting skill set that allows you to access some pretty nifty powerups. Your weapon of choice, is a large "meathook" that using a system similar to DotA's Pudge character, in that you shoot it and it grabs enemies and pulls them towards you. When you kill an opponent you get gold, along with skill points that you use to upgrade your hook's: Radius, Speed, Damage, and range. This, combined with the items makes for a very interesting combonations and builds. For instance, If you went Stryg's Claws (damage over distance traveled as long as they are hooked) and Lycan's paw ( +IAS and movement bonus) it would be advised going up in range rather then speed because the longer you can keep them on your hook, the more damage you do. But if to say, you went Tiny's Arm and prehaps the mines for added effect, it would probabbly be advised to go up in speed and damage since with speed you can pretty much hook enemies you have thrown when they land doing incredible damage in both instances. Also, as has been mentioned, the floating runes that fly by down the river are a bonus. These include: Timeshift (as explained above) Goldcoin (gives 50 gold DUR) Firehook (adds a fire attack to your hook that burns enemies and allies who step on the trail it leaves and also gives vision of where ever it traveled for a short period) and Hookshield (rapidly spinning hooks fly arround you deflecting enemy hooks and dealing damage to both allies and enemies who touch it). As a final note, the game allows the attacking of allies so denying your friends is a good way to keep the other team from getting points. Hope this cleared it up best regards, Monolith

i dont want to say abunch of shit like that when u can just play it.
btw nice double post tyler Razz
lanaya-pwns

Number of posts : 77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down